Have you heard of BEKY books? BEKY stands for Books Encouraging the Kingdom of Yeshua. There are currently 5 books available for purchase in the series. The latest book, released today, is The Biblical New Moon: A Guide for Celebrating, written by my friend and fellow blogger, Kisha Gallagher of Grace In Torah.
In March of this year, Kisha approached me by email and asked if I would be interested in writing a poem for a book she was writing on the new moon. I was delighted to be asked and said yes. She promptly sent me a working draft of her book, and I read it from beginning to end in one sitting to get a better feel for how to go about writing a poem (click here to read it!) that would tie in well with the content.
This comprehensive guide provides wonderful information on the moon from a Scriptural, spiritual perspective and suggestions for how to celebrate each new month. She offers sections with questions that can be used, ideally, for small group discussions.
My favorite parts of the book are:
- The section that suggests women’s groups as an alternative to individual, family, or congregational celebration. She shares how her women’s group gets together, what they do, and a basic order of events.
- The section that shared information on each Hebrew month, the themes for each month, and other helpful information.
- The section that gave ideas for special prayers and Scripture readings. (And the poems, of course, in the back!)
You are going to love this book! Once you’ve read it, check out the other four volumes, if you haven’t already; be sure to leave reviews.
I think the whole series would work well as part of a discipleship classes, or as introductory materials for new members of Torah-centered, faith based congregations and communities.
The other titles available in the series, currently, are:
- What is the Torah? (Vol. 1)by Hollisa Alewine, PhD
- Introduction to the Jewish Sources: Preserving History, Structure, and Heart (Vol. 2) by S. Creeger
- Colossal Controversies (Vol. 3) by Robin Gould
- Messianic Shabbat Service (Vol. 4) by Hollisa Alewine, Jim Wilson, Lisa Rubel