So, I am 36 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and I don’t know how much more time I’ll have to read, so these are the books I am trying to get through before baby Hiccup comes.
- The Lost World of Genesis One by John Walton explores the story of the Creation and how we should strive to read it in its original cultural context of the Ancient Near East rather than with our post-modern, western worldview.
- An Acceptable Time by Madeleine L’Engle is the last of the Wrinkle in Time Quintet, and I have thoroughly enjoyed Madeleine’s style of writing, her imagination, and the spiritual truths that have permeated this series.
- The Day the Revolution Began by N.T. Wright puts forth the argument that the death and resurrection of the Messiah is the start of a revolution, the beginning of the restoration of all things, and that we are to be active participants in establishing the Kingdom and Kingdom life on Earth as it is in Heaven.
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig is about how to teach your children Shakespeare (;)), specifically, how to help your kids memorize and acquire a love for Shakespeare, poetry, and the English language.
- The Vaccine Friendly Plan by Dr. Paul Thomas, M.D. and Jennifer Margulis, Ph.D. is a comprehensive, well-documented book on vaccines. It is a must read for anyone wanting to make an informed decision about which vaccines to give their kids and when in order to reduce the risk of autism and other neurological disorders as well as auto-immune diseases. It also provides helpful advice for how to raise healthy kids with strong immune systems by reducing toxins and improving nutrition.
Light reading, I know! 😀
What are you reading right now?
Love and Light,